Legislative Conference Update
April 20, 2017
The whole CSAC staff is working hard to bring you the best Legislative Conference ever May 17 and 18 in Sacramento. That’s less than a month away, and we hope you can be here for the informative workshops, policy committee meetings, and an opportunity to meet with your state senators and assembly members in the State Capitol. If that’s not enough to get you to register right now, here is a Top Ten List of reasons you should attend the 2017 CSAC Legislative Conference.
1) We will meet in Sacramento just two days after the Governor releases the May Revision to his January Budget proposal. We’ll get the latest details on how that will impact counties!
2) Workshop – The New Wild West: Counties and an Evolving Cannabis Policy!
3) We have a panel of lawmakers ready, willing, and able to give you their take on the hottest issues under the dome today, including the state budget, IHSS, affordable housing, cannabis and more!
4) All five of CSAC’s Policy committees will meet to discuss issues of vital importance to the state
- Administration of Justice.
- Agriculture, Environment and Natural Resources.
- Government Finance and Administration.
- Health and Human Services.
- Housing, Land Use and Transportation.
5) Our Board of Directors will also meet to discuss CSAC positions on various issues.
6) Networking, Networking, and did we mention Networking? We’ve built in time for you to mix and mingle with your peers from other counties to listen, share, learn, and collaborate!
7) Women’s Leadership Forum, Latino Caucus and Tribal Forum meetings
8) Workshop – The Changing Federal Landscape: Potential Impacts on California Counties!
9) The Legislative reception will give you the opportunity to meet and greet state lawmakers in an informal and convivial setting.
10) It just wouldn’t be the same without you!
This is going to be a great two days of meetings, workshops, speakers and issues and we hope you can make the time to join us in Sacramento. Click here for more information and registration.