Chief Financial Officer – Employment & Human Services Department
Contra Costa County
September 2, 2014
$94,991 – $115,375 – negotiable within step range DOE/DOQ
Benefits: Contra Costa County offers a range of competitive benefit options below and for more details CLICK HERE:
Contra Costa County is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for their Employment and Human Services (EHS) Department. We are seeking a finance and accounting professional who has organizational leadership skills, financial acumen, strategic business thinking, technically savvy business strengths and experience with complex financial systems and programs in a health and human services organization. As EHS CFO, you will be part of the department’s executive team and a financial strategic business partner to the bureau chiefs and department Director.
- Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business or Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a closely related field; and
- Experience: Four years of full-time management or supervisory level experience with the responsibility for fiscal operation, financial planning, budget development, and governmental accounting, for a division or department of a public human services agency.
- Substitution: Possession of a Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration or a closely related field or current CPA certificate may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- Employment and finance experience in a governmental agency setting is desirable.
Ideal Certificates and Licenses:
- Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License is required; out of state valid motor vehicle operator’s license will be accepted during the application process.
- Possession of a Certified Public Accountant Certificate (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst Certificate (CFA) is desirable.
How to Apply:
Required: complete a County application (takes approximately 15 minutes) at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/contracosta/default.cfm. or
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, now and complete an online application before September 25, 2014.
Contact your recruiter, Wendi Brown, with any questions:
541-858-0376 – Direct
866-929-WBCP – Toll Free
The recruitment will close on September 25, 2014.