Compliance and Quality Assurance Manager
July 8, 2014
$99,984.21 – $121,531.42 annually
The County of Solano is looking for a dynamic, results-oriented individual to serve as chief of the Compliance and Quality Assurance Unit within the Department of Health and Human Services (DHSS). The position plans, directs and supervises all activities and operations for the division.
Under administrative direction of the Director of Health and Social Services, the position is at-will, exempt and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
• Serving as the Chief Privacy Officer for the DHSS and ensuring the Department’s business and provider practices are compliant with Federal, state and local regulations and requirements.
• Instituting, maintaining, and revising a Code of Conduct and other appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the requirements of federal healthcare programs.
• Monitoring and reviewing contracts and grants to ensure regulatory and fiscal compliance with Federal and state laws and coordinating compliance issues with fiscal oversight staff.
• Creating and maintaining an effective line of communication between the Compliance and Quality Assurance Unit and all department employees including a hotline to receive complaints or questions and procedures to ensure the anonymity of complainants.
• Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability in DHSS business practices and areas at high risk of non-compliance and ensuring corrective action plans are developed to reduce these risks.
• Providing input and recommendations for the division budget in order to fund existing and new programs and services.
• Assigning work, planning and scheduling Compliance Analysts’ work activities and deadlines.
• Representing the DHSS by publicizing the quality management and compliance program to the community and establishing appropriate community outreach efforts.
• Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration, Public Administration, Social Work, or a closely related field.
• Four years of responsible professional level experience in a public or non-profit social services or public health agency performing regulatory compliance, quality assurance, and/or regulatory investigations and/or supervision of a health care or social services unit.
How to Apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume by August 8, 2014 via mail or email to:
Koff & Associates
Attention: Kathy Crotty
6400 Hollis Street, Suite 5
Emeryville, CA 94608
August 8, 2014