Deputy Agricultural Commissioner
January 2, 2013
The Madera County Ag Commissioner is seeking an experienced professional with a proven technical background and a customer service philosophy to fill the position of Deputy Ag Commissioner. The successful candidate will serve as a part of the Department’s Management Team and will primarily be assigned to oversee the Pesticide Program.
The position requires:
• 4 years of technical agriculture inspection and enforcement experience,
including 1 year of experience equivalent to an Ag & Stds Inspector III
with Madera Co.;
• Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in a biological, agriculture science or
• Possession of a valid cert as a Deputy Co Ag Commissioner or a Deputy
Co Sealer of Weights and Measures issued by the CA Dept of Food & Ag;
• Possession of valid licenses in all fields of Ag Inspection Work; and
• Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid CA driver’s license.
How To Apply:
For application materials, visit the Department of Human Resources at www.madera-county.com, or call at (559) 675-7705, or TDD (559) 675-8970. EOE
Open Until Filled