Deputy Director, Health & Human Services Agency
April 4, 2014
$103,292 – $125,552 annually
The Calaveras County Health & Human Services Agency is recruiting for a Deputy Director who will be designated the local Mental Health Director. This position will initially and primarily be responsible for Mental Health and Substance Abuse services for the County. Incumbent will plan, organize, coordinate and direct the administrative and support operations of the newly integrated agency.
· A physician and surgeon licensed in the State of California showing evidence of having completed the required course of graduate psychiatric education as defined in Section 623 to be supplemented by an additional period of two years of training or practice limited to the field of psychiatry, one year of which shall have been administrative experience.
· A psychologist who shall be licensed in the State of California and shall possess a doctorate degree in psychology from an institution of higher education. In addition, the psychologist shall have had at least three years of acceptable clinical psychology experience, two years of which shall be administrative experience.
· A clinical social worker who shall possess a master’s degree in social work or higher and shall be a licensed clinical social worker under provisions of the California Business and Professions Code, and shall have had at least five years mental health experience, two years of which shall have been administrative experience.
· A marriage, family, and child counselor who shall have a master’s degree in an approved behavioral science course of study, and who shall be a licensed marriage, family, and child counselor and have received specific instruction, or its equivalent, as required for licensure on January 1, 1981. In addition, the marriage, family, and child counselor shall have had at least five years of mental health experience.
· A nurse who shall possess a master’s degree in psychiatric or public health nursing and shall be licensed as a registered nurse by the Board of Registered Nursing in the State of California, and shall have had at least five years mental health experience, two of which shall have been administrative experience.
· An administrator who shall have a master’s degree in hospital administration, public health administration, or public administration from an accredited college or university, and who shall have at least three years’ experience in hospital or health care administration, two of which shall have been in the mental health field.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 5600.5 and 5751, Welfare and Institutions Code. Reference: Sections 5607, 5751, 5751.1. and 5751.3, Welfare and Institutions Code.
How to Apply:
Completed application packet, including County application, resume and cover letter, is to be submitted to the Human Resources Department, Attn: Deborah Schoeman, 891 Mountain Ranch Road, San Andreas, CA 95249, Office: 209.754.6303, Fax: 209.754.6333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application can be obtained by visiting our website at www.co.calaveras.ca.us
Friday, May 2, 2014