Deputy Director, Maintenance and Operations
El Dorado County
October 3, 2012
$6,000 optional benefits plan which may be utilized to purchase medical/vision/dental insurance or supplemental life insurance; establish health care and dependent accounts; or may be cashed out.
Other benefits include:
• Supplemental contributions to health/dental/vision
• CalPERS 2% @ 60, average three year final compensation
• Deferred compensation plans with County match
• The County of El Dorado does not participate in Social Security, but does participate in Medicare
• $40,000 Paid life insurance
• 80 hours Management Leave per year (may be taken as cash)
• 96 hours Sick Leave annually
• 10-20 days of Vacation Leave annually (depending on length of service)
• 13 Paid Holidays (includes two Floating Holidays which are granted based on the date of hire)
This position is for the Transportation Department located in Placerville, California. The incumbent, under direction, plans, organizes coordinates and directs the work of the Maintenance Division of the Department of Transportation; supervises technical staff and subordinate supervisors in the planning and implementation of road maintenance and repair.
Distinguishing Characteristics – This single position class has division level responsibility for the overall administration of road maintenance and repair, including equipment maintenance and fleet management. This class is distinguished from Director of Transportation which has overall administrative responsibility for all public works functions and programs.
Where college degrees and/or college course credits are required, degrees and college units must be obtained from an accredited college or university. Courses from non-accredited institutions will not be evaluated for this requirement.
Equivalent to graduation from a four year college or university with major coursework in construction management, civil engineering, public or business administration or a related field AND five years of management level experience in road maintenance and construction work with division level responsibility. Public sector experience is desirable. Additional supervisory level work experience may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply:
Official County of El Dorado on-line application required.
For more detailed information about this and other opportunities and to fill out the required Application: http://www.edcgov.us/
EEO/ADA Employer and a Drug Free Workplace
Tuesday, October 23, 2012