Deputy Director Planning
April 10, 2014
: $90,584.00 – $110,115.20 Annually
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the general administration, coordination, and management of the planning division and funding of the department.
- Provide supervision, training, and work evaluation for assigned staff; coordinate division functions.
- Represent the department in Joint Powers Authorities, Special Districts, public and official contacts.
- Develop and monitor application processing procedures; policy and ordinance development; and coordination and administration of Advance Planning (General and Specific Plans).
- Present staff reports before the Local Agency Formation Commission, Airport Land Use Commission (ALUC), Planning Commission, and Board of Supervisors; conduct complex studies and prepare reports and recommendations.
- Act as coordinator for environmental review services to include documents prepared by the County.
- Responsible for the administration of the department in the absences of the Director of Community and Economic Development.
Five (5) years of increasingly responsible professional experience in government planning and land use, including at least two (2) years in a supervisory capacity.
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university preferably in planning, environmental studies, civil engineering, or a field closely related to planning and land use. Masters Degrees in Planning, Business Administration, Public Administration, and or any other allied field are highly desirable.
How to Apply:
To apply, visit: www.co.merced.ca.us
Open Until Filled.