Deputy Executive Director of Operations and Member Services
California State Association of Counties (CSAC)
April 12, 2018
Competitive salary is dependent on qualifications and CSAC offers a full benefits package.
Looking for an opportunity to play an integral public-service role on a statewide basis? Want to help lead an outstanding professional staff for one of California’s leading associations? Then consider joining our executive team. The California State Association of Counties (CSAC) is currently recruiting for a dynamic and strategic leader to serve as Deputy Executive Director of Operations and Member Services.
The Deputy Executive Director of Operations and Member Services reports directly to the Executive Director. Responsibilities include providing leadership and direction to the communication and administrative functions of CSAC; development and management of the annual budget; development and implementation of internal policies and procedures; oversight of member communication services; membership services, human resources, finance and information technology; and coordinating activities with the Deputy Executive Director of Legislative Affairs.
- The Deputy Executive Director supervises all communications, member services, finance, and information technology.
- Develops and implements personnel and management policies; selects, supervises, trains, evaluates, and disciplines subordinate staff.
- Oversees the financial operations in the development and management of the budget.
- Oversees the financial operations related to CSAC facilities.
- Manages Information Technology and implementation of the IT strategic plan.
- Oversees planning of CSAC meetings, conferences and workshops; attends and speaks at such meetings.
- Represents CSAC in outreach efforts and presentations to CSAC membership, Chief Administrative Officers, other associations, county caucuses, CSAC affiliates, and corporate partners.
- Visits counties to identify membership needs and concerns and provide communications link to CSAC. Keep membership advised of CSAC activities and to enhance interest in support and membership
- Coordinates with the Deputy Executive Director of Legislative affairs to ensure full integration with the legislative team.
The ideal candidate would possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Sound association management principles and practices;
- Federal, state, and local government organization;
- Laws, policies, operations, and functions of the major administrative policies and program areas of concern to the association;
- Public finance and budgeting practices;
- Fiscal policy and financial management principles;
- Organizational leadership and strategic planning;
- Principles of personnel management and supervision including planning, coordinating, directing and evaluating the work and activities of staff;
- Planning, assigning, directing, and evaluating the work of staff;
- Refined communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to interact with coworkers, supervisors, general public, etc. sufficiently to exchange or convey information and receive work direction;
- Communications platforms including the use of traditional media, social media and video;
- Customer relations and service techniques;
- Developing and evaluating policy;
- Representing the association before other governmental agencies, the media and the public;
- Creative problem solver;
- Writing and speaking clearly and concisely; and,
- Analyzing complex issues.
How to Apply:
Candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume by May 4, 2018, to Sue Ronkowski at email@example.com.
May 4, 2018