Director of Behavioral Health
October 30, 2013
$130,356 – $159,324 annually
Full-time employment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off and PERS retirement.
The County of Butte is seeking a candidate with proven management experience in providing behavioral health services in California to serve as DIRECTOR – BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Butte County. The ideal candidate will have a balance of clinical and fiscal leadership experience; be client and recovery oriented; have experience in enhancing productivity to maximize existing resources; be a leader who can remain calm and patient in difficult situations; gain trust and respect from staff, while maintaining accountability; and have strong communication skills. The individual will plan, organize, and direct the operations of the County Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Department; provide a wide range of prevention, diagnostic, treatment, and community services for children, adolescents, and adults with mental health or substance abuse problems; and perform related duties as required.
Some responsibilities include:
• Sets County mental health and substance use disorder objectives, policies, integration and guidelines, and directs operations.
• Interprets and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local codes and regulations established for mental health and substance use disorder institutions and professionals.
• Assesses the need for services and makes recommendations to the County Board of Supervisors and the Behavioral Health Advisory Board on policy matters involving services, facilities, and contracts.
• Develops and maintains a public/private service delivery system throughout the County providing mental health and substance use disorder consultation, education, and referral services.
• Advises and consults with professional staff in determining standards of service and treatment.
• Keeps abreast of proposed and new legislation affecting mental health and substance use disorder programs.
• Directs staff to assure compliance with State plans from the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
• Directs the preparation of the annual departmental budgets for both mental health and substance use disorder programs.
• Negotiates for the provision of mental health and substance use disorder services and administers contractual agreements.
• Coordinates and participates in identifying and securing new alternative sources of funding.
• Represents the County as liaison with state, federal, and local agencies and groups.
• Coordinates the work of the various units of the department with other departments and agencies.
• Supervises and evaluates subordinates.
• Provides for quality assurance programs of peer review and continuous staff education in current advances in mental health and substance use disorder practices.
• Promotes improved mental health and substance use disorder practices and techniques and presenting to the County before interested groups.
• Provides consultative services to organizations and agencies, including statewide policy making groups.
• Attends professional meetings, conferences, and seminars.
• Recommends legislation, budget, staffing, service priorities, adequacy of facilities and services, treatment modalities, and other policy matters affecting the care of mentally ill and chemically dependent persons in the community.
How To Apply:
Applications will be accepted until 12/02/2013 5:00 pm. Learn more about this opportunity and apply online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/buttecountyca/default.cfm or search Butte County Human Resources. If you have questions you can email Rob Barth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 12, 2013 by 5:00 pm