Employers Training Resource Director
October 9, 2012
$6,927.00 – $8,456.00 per month plus a variety of employer sponsored benefits which include:
• Flexible benefits program, equal to 10% of salary, available in cash or pre-tax purchases of such items as
dependent care and insurance products.
• Premium pay equal to 6% of salary, which may be taken as cash or placed in the County’s 457 plan (all or part).
• If placed in the County’s 457 deferred compensation plan, the County will match the employee’s contribution on
a dollar-for-dollar basis, up to 6% of salary, but no more than the legal contribution limit.
• Retirement plan, per 1937 Act (1.62% at age 65—employee contributes 100% of employee share).
• $599 monthly automobile allowance, plus $0.32 per mile (adjusted annually).
• Group medical, dental and vision insurance (employee contributes 20% of premium).
• Up to twelve days of sick leave per year, depending on years of service.
• 96 to 216 hours of paid vacation per year, depending on years of service.
• Eleven paid holidays per year.
• County paid $100,000 life insurance coverage.
• County paid Employee Assistance program.
• Availability of disability insurance plans.
The Employers’ Training Resource Director is a department head position appointed by and serving at the pleasure of the Board of Supervisors. The Director coordinates the programs, services, functions, activities, public relations strategies, and legislative program of the department. As federal and State monies diminish to implement job training and job placement programs and services, the Director faces the challenge of finding additional resources through grants and collaborative efforts that will help meet the needs of residents and businesses throughout the Workforce Investment Area. The Director participates in countywide economic development efforts, working with existing and prospective businesses in coordination with local economic development organizations.
Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration or related field and five years of responsible administrative experience.
How To Apply:
View the position announcement at our website: http://www.co.kern.ca.us/person/Webjobs/JB5667.pdf, or go to: Kern County Personnel Department, 1115 Truxtun Avenue, Bakersfield, CA 93301. Submit resumes to: County Administrative Office, County of Kern, 1115 Truxtun Avenue, 5th Floor, Bakersfield, CA 93301
November 8, 2012 11:00 a.m.