Engineering Division Manager
January 26, 2018
$9,117 – $11,080/Mo. & Additional Benefits!
The County of Sonoma offers expansive opportunities for growth and development, the opportunity to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment that offers continuous training and education, and the satisfaction of knowing that you are working to better the communities of our region. You can also look forward to some excellent benefits*, including:
• A cash allowance of approximately $600 per month
• An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $1,500
• Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 11 holidays per year
• Significant County paid premium contribution to several health plan options
• County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
• Retirement is fully integrated with Social Security. With the recent pension reform, new employees as defined and eligible will receive a 2.5% at 67 formula, or for those individuals who meet certain criteria, including establishing reciprocity eligibility pursuant to PEPRA, will receive 3% at 60
*Salary is negotiable commensurate with experience and requirements. Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice.
When you join the County of Sonoma, you’ll have the freedom to explore the beauty of our county – its picturesque coastline, majestic redwoods, historic towns, fine dining, award winning wineries, and a wide variety of entertainment and cultural activities. Please visit www.sonomacountyconnections.org and www.santarosachamber.com for additional information about the community.
The ideal candidate for this executive management position will possess:
• A State of California Civil Engineering License
• Extensive knowledge of requirements concerning the design, construction, and inspection methodology necessary for federal, state, and local funded road and bridge construction projects
• Working knowledge of the Caltrans process for all types of projects, including major capital projects
• Considerable experience applying the principles and practices of modern budget, program, and systems management
• Experience supervising and coordinating the work of Public Works staff involved in the design, survey, and construction of bridges and highways
How to Apply:
Transportation and Public Works (TPW) seeks an experienced Engineer to manage their Road and Bridge Division. For more information, minimum qualifications, & to apply online, please visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org.