Santa Cruz County
Jan. 8, 2014
$13,913- 18,645 / Month
- EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
- VACATION – 16 days 1st year, increasing to 31 days per year after 15 years service. Available after 1 year service.
- ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE – One week advanced upon appointment; two weeks accrued each year; can be taken in cash or time off.
- HOLIDAYS – 12.5 paid holidays per year.
- SICK LEAVE – Six days per year; after 6 months.
- BEREAVEMENT LEAVE – 3 days paid in California, 5 days paid out-of-state.
- MEDICAL PLAN – The County contracts with PERS for a variety of medical plans. For most plans, County contributions pay a majority of the premiums for employees and dependents.
- DENTAL PLAN – County pays for employee and dependent coverage.
- VISION PLAN – County pays for employee coverage. Employee may purchase dependent coverage.
- RETIREMENT AND SOCIAL SECURITY – Pension formula 2% at age 60 or 2% at age 62 as determined based on provisions of the CA Public Employees’ Pension Reform Act of 2013(PEPRA). Pension benefit determined by final average compensation of three years. County pays a portion of retirement contribution and participates in Social Security.
- LIFE INSURANCE – County paid $50,000 term policy. Employee may purchase additional life insurance.
- LONG TERM DISABILITY PLAN – Plan pays 66 2/3% of the first $13,500, up to $9,000 per month maximum.
- DEPENDANT-CARE PLAN – Employees who make contributions for child or dependent care may elect to have their contributions made utilizing “pre-tax dollars.”
- H-CARE PLAN – Employees who pay a County medical premium share of cost may elect this pre-tax program.
- HEALTH CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ALLOWANCE (HCFSA) – Employees may elect this pre-tax program to cover qualifying health care expenses.
- FLEXIBLE HEALTH ALLOWANCE (FHA) – A portion of the County’s contribution to employee health insurance that allows employees to have health plan purchase options. Employees who are enrolled in a County medical plan can participate in this program.
- EMPLOYEE CREDIT UNION – Offers systematic savings and low interest loans.
- DEFERRED COMPENSATION – A deferred compensation plan is available to employees.
- AUTOMATIC CHECK DEPOSIT – Required for all employees in this bargaining unit
Under general direction, to perform autopsies and other professional work in forensic pathology to determine cause and time of death; to act as a professional consultant and provide expert witness services; and to do other work as required. The Forensic Pathologist works as part of a forensic team while retaining a high degree of independence and autonomy. The Pathologist performs approximately 220 autopsies per year. During December 2013, a new forensic medical examination facility located in the forensic sciences building at the Sheriff’s Office campus was placed into operation.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Four years of experience working as a licensed physician in the field of Forensic Pathology.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Possession and maintenance of a valid Physician and Surgeon’s License issued by the State of California. Possession and maintenance of a valid certificate in anatomic and forensic pathology issued by the American Board of Pathology. Possession and maintenance of a valid California Class C Driver License or the incumbent must provide suitable transportation approved by the appointing authority. Background Investigation: Successfully pass a complete background investigation.
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.santacruzcountyjobs.com or call (831) 454-2600 for an application packet (Forensic Pathologist 14-PT9-01).
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of completed applications.
Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply