February 15, 2018
$231,271-$309,320 or Negotiable
Butte County Behavioral Health Department is seeking a Medical Director based in Chico, California to manage department programs. The incumbent will perform approximately 50% direct services and 50% administration work. In collaboration with the Assistant Director – Clinical Services, directs, evaluates, plans, establishes, and implements the medical services component and all clinical services of the department; participates in coordination of services across county departments and agencies; provides medical direction and consultation to all mental health programs and consultation to contracted agencies; particularly in the areas of quality improvement, medication monitoring, and peer review.
Starting salary is dependent on experience and is negotiable. The Department will also consider a Medical Director on a contract basis. Salary for a contracted Medical Director is negotiable. For additional information please contact Geoff Davis, at (530) 891-2986 or email@example.com for a recruitment packet and appointment to speak with the Behavioral Health Department Director. Please visit the Butte County Human Resources Department website for more information, to review the recruitment packet, and to apply for the opportunity:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS-EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
• Graduation from an approved medical school and satisfactory completion of a three (3) year psychiatric residency approved by the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic Association.
• Three (3) years’ experience in clinical psychiatry or community mental health services. Public Sector experience preferred.
• Employees hired into this classification must file statements of economic interest with the Butte County Clerk/Recorder.
• Valid State of California driver’s license may be required.
• Possession of a valid license as a physician and surgeon issued by the State of California and a valid certificate in psychiatry issued by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or written evidence of successful completion of a psychiatry residency.
How to Apply:
Please visit the Butte County Human Resources Department website at http://www.buttecounty.net/humanresources/Employment.aspx
Open until filled