Probation Camp Welding Instructor
February 8, 2018
$5,066 – $6,160/Monthly
Bring your welding experience to the County of Sonoma!
The County of Sonoma Probation Department is seeking a highly skilled welder to teach at the Sonoma County Probation Camp. The Welding Instructor at the County Probation Camp in Forestville instructs adolescents who are under the jurisdiction of the Juvenile Court. This position trains and supervises a group of youth offenders who perform vocational work for a variety of government and private agencies, as well as oversees the Welding shop; manages welding product orders, assists in the carpentry shop, and transports youth offenders.
The most desirable candidate for this position will possess:
• Experience teaching welding skills
• Coursework and/or experience in welding
• Experience with project management
• Experience working with adolescents participating in the juvenile justice system and managing behavior expectations
• The ability to instruct on basic electrical wiring, plumbing, and/or landscaping is desirable
Probation Camp Welding Instructors function as peace officers in the supervision of offenders. Individuals permanently hired into this job class serve a probationary period of one year and are expected to complete training as required by the California State Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training, generally within the one year of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information, minimum qualifications, & to apply, please visit: www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org. EOE Apply Now!
Continuous, this recruitment may close at any time without notice