Probation Industries Crew Supervisor – Extra-Help
November 6, 2017
$29.13 – $35.42 Hourly
Being a Probation Industries Crew Supervisor
The Probation Industries Crew Supervisor instructs and supervises a work crew of offenders in the Supervised Adult Crew (SAC) Program. The SAC Program is a detention alternative program whereby adult offenders complete jail terms by working on crews throughout the community. The SAC Program not only builds a sense of community and teaches work skills, but also enhances the community by completing government and non-profit projects.
The Probation Industries Crew Supervisor is responsible for carrying out assigned maintenance, landscape, construction, and industrial production projects; completing job cost and time frame estimates; and acting as a Probation Department representative. Technical skill requirements vary based on projects secured and assigned, project specifications and/or building codes, individual expertise, crew composition, and use of skilled workers and project managers.
Ideal Candidates Will Possess:
• Supervisory experience
• Coursework and/or experience in project management
• Licensure as a general or trade specific contractor with the California State Licensing Board, or verifiable equivalent licensing body
• Corrections experience, working directly with offenders
• California Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License
• Experience in operating heavy equipment such as backhoes, excavators, and bulldozers
• Journey-level experience in one or more skilled trades such as carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical, general engineering, or landscaping
• Project management experience in fire prevention and vegetation mitigation
How to Apply:
For more information, minimum qualifications, & to apply, please visit: www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org. EOE Apply Now!