June 21, 2013
$14,998.53 – $18,271.07 Monthly
This position is currently subject to a 5% salary reduction with additional time off.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides general, acute and continuing psychiatric care to the patients in
the mental health and alcohol and drug centers.
• Emergency on-call and call back consultations.
• Consults with other medical and substance abuse practitioners.
• May advise staff on appropriate treatment techniques for specific cases.
• Orders appropriate laboratory work and nursing follow-up care.
• Complete medical and court records in accordance with mandated
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary team.
• Evaluates social support/rehabilitation needs.
• Reviews/oversees intake and treatment plans by multidisciplinary team.
• Conservatorship evaluations and court testimony.
• Provides jail-based psychiatric care and educates patients, families, and
Possession of a valid license to practice psychiatry issued by the California Medical Board.
Board certified or Board eligible in Psychiatric Medicine by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
How To Apply:
For a complete job description and to apply, visit: www.co.merced.ca.us
Open Until Filled