Supervising Human Resources Analyst
May 7, 2014
The County seeks an accountable, results oriented individual who demonstrates excellent communication and analytical skills to join the Monterey County Human Resources Department. Under direction from the Assistant Human Resources Director, the Supervising Human Resources Analyst assumes primary managerial responsibility for complex human resources programs and projects. This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, executing and managing a full range of human resources services for departments utilizing professional and technical level human resources teams, conducting studies and making recommendations for the development and revision of personnel programs, rules, policies and procedures. In addition, the Supervising Human Resources Analyst will supervise the planning, direction and review of the work of professional human resources staff and oversee the provision of advice to department heads, supervisors and employees by subordinate human resources staff in the interpretation and application of personnel rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
For more information regarding this position and how to apply visit http:///www.co.monterey.ca.us/personnel
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will have a proven track record demonstrating his/her knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of public sector human resources management, including the administration of recruitment, examination, classification and compensation programs.
- Job analysis techniques, including requirements, employment practices, purpose, methods and applications.
- Organizational development, worker’s compensation, personnel transactions, absence/leave management, employee benefits, performance assessment, grievance and discipline.
- Research methods, data collection and sampling techniques and statistical analysis.
- Federal, state and local legislation pertaining to employment practices, equal employment and affirmative action programs.
- Principles and practices of supervision.
The successful applicant will also have the ability to:
- Establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with others, including County officials and managers, employees and the public.
- Coordinate, organize and manage the delivery of complex, varies services utilizing team-based approaches.
- Communicate effectively, in writing, including preparation of administrative and statistical reports and make effective and persuasive oral presentations.
- Understand, interpret and apply appropriate provisions of applicable laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, memoranda of understanding and operating procedures.
How to Apply:
Submit the following required materials:
County of Monterey Employment Application
Response to Supplemental Questions
Priority Screen Date: For a guaranteed review, all materials must be received by Friday, May 23, 2014 Applications received after this date will be considered on an as-needed basis. Applicants who fail to provide all required materials will not be considered. The selection process is tentative and applicants will be notified if changes are made. Application materials may be obtained from and submitted to:
County of Monterey, Human Resources
168 West Alisal Street, 3rd Floor
Salinas, CA 93901
Or apply on-line at: www.co.monterey.ca.us/personnel
Open Until Filled with a Priority Screen Date of May 23, 2014