Supervising Probation Officer
July 8, 2014
$35.61 – $43.28 Hourly
The Sonoma County Probation Department seeks an experienced Supervising Probation Officer.
As a first-line supervisor, the Supervising Probation Officer plans, assigns, and directs the work of Probation Officers in adult or juvenile investigation, supervision and program units; conducts performance evaluations; provides in-service training; oversees projects and programs; and performs related work as required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Thorough knowledge of Probation and effective community corrections practices.
- A broad range of Adult and Juvenile Probation Services experience.
- Working knowledge of evidence based principles and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources, specialized treatment, behavior patterns, motivation, group and family dynamics.
- Proven leadership qualities and supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and solid experience presenting oral and written reports before Courts
The position requires related coursework, two years of full time professional probation experience equivalent to the level of Probation Officer III with the County of Sonoma. Must have United States citizenship or status as a permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship; have no prior felony conviction nor be under current formal probation supervision; and achieved a passing score on the California Corrections Standards Authority Probation Officer written exam, or equivalent prior to appointment.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted 07/07/14 through 07/21/14. For more details about the position and to apply on-line, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted. EOE
Monday, July 21, 2014