March 11, 2013
This position will be appointed by the County of Lake Board of Supervisors, to serve as the Treasurer-Tax Collector for the remainder of the unexpired term of the previous incumbent (1/5/2012); to perform the duties of the Treasurer-Tax Collector as defined by statute.
General Summary of Elected Duties:
• Performs duties/responsibilities of County Treasurer as provided for by
Government Code 27000-27013.
• Provides statements/reports as required by Government Code 27061 t
• Performs duties of County Tax Collector as provided for by Government
• Oversees the reconciliation of bank statements; general ledger cash;
daily cash management; investment revenues.
• Balances fiscal records with Auditor-Controller’s Office.
• Prepares/administers department budget.
• Prepares reports for the State Controller.
• Develops/maintains a fee schedule for tax collection.
• Participates in the preparation of Tax Clearance Certificates involving
more complex land use issues.
• Oversees collection of a variety of fees/fines, including court-mandated
• Reviews/implements policy and procedure changes, as needed.
How To Apply:
To review the complete job announcement and to apply for this position, visit our website at:
March 25, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.