Dynamic Lineup Slated for CSAC Annual Meeting
It’s hard to believe that the 119th CSAC Annual Meeting is just 10 weeks away. CSAC staff, though, has been working diligently for the past six months on developing an agenda that will feature a dynamic program of insightful speakers and informative workshops.
Our theme this year is “Healthy Counties, Healthy California.” With all 38 million Californians living within one of our 58 counties, a healthy California truly depends on healthy counties. During the week, we will look at the many ways we can enhance and maintain our counties’ health: through the programs counties offer, through the economy, through technology, and through our county leadership and their staffs.
Our conference is set for November 19-22 in San Jose, Santa Clara County, and we have just finalized a powerful lineup of major session speakers:
- California Attorney General Kamala Harris
- Emmy Award-winning journalist Maria Hinojosa.
- Former NFL star and mental health awareness advocate Herschel Walker
- Economist David Berson from our corporate partner Nationwide
We are also fortunate to have Inocente, a young woman who is the focus of an Academy Award-winning documentary by the same name, join us at our workshop on homelessness. We will also be showing the 90-minute film the evening before the Thursday workshop.
Our workshops cover a wide variety of vital issues to California counties. They include:
- The Affordable Care Act: Preparing for Change on the Eve of Health Care Reform
- A CSAC Dialogue on Water
- 2011 Realignment: Exploring Innovative County Approaches
- Healthy Communities: Improving Wellness and the Bottom Line
- Homelessness in California: What’s Working?
- Leveraging Funding and Tools to Create Safe and Healthy Communities
- Travel and Tourism: An Important Part of a Healthy Economy
- Social Media: Balancing Risk, Transparency and Innovation
We will also be holding our 2nd Annual Innovation Summit on the morning of Tuesday, November 19. This is a must-attend event for county officials looking for practical solutions to maintain or enhance services during this time of tremendous change.
Don’t put off registering. You can still receive $50.00 off advance registration rates if you register by September 27. You can take care of that right now by clicking here.
We look forward to seeing you in San Jose, Santa Clara County.