CSAC’s Mission Statement
The mission of the California State Association of Counties (CSAC), is to represent county government before the California Legislature, U.S. Congress, state and federal agencies and other entities, while educating the public about the value and need for county programs and services. CSAC provides a broad range of services to all 58 counties in California through its Finance Corporation activities, public policy development, training, insurance service programs, research and a variety of communication tools, including Internet services.
CSAC is committed to assisting California counties in providing a vital and efficient system of public services for the general health, welfare and public safety of every resident. County governments spend in excess of $30 billion a year and comprise a work force of more than 280,000 professionals. Each day county government directly or indirectly touches the lives of every Californian. The magnitude of this human effort demands strong and credible participation in our democratic institutions.
CSAC Mission Statement
“ADVOCATE… COLLABORATE… EDUCATE… AND COMMUNICATE”
The California State Association of Counties (CSAC), governed by elected county supervisors, is a nonprofit corporation dedicated to meeting specific needs of counties including advocacy as a primary responsibility, client services and public/private partnerships. Established in 1895, CSAC provides leadership to support its 58 member counties in the following ways:
- Initiates structural and fiscal reform to address how services are determined, delivered and funded in the State of California.
- Advocates on behalf of county government and the people it serves before the executive, legislative and judicial branches of state and federal governments in policy development and implementation.
- Promotes excellence in county government.
- Strengthens communication and consensus among counties within a context that recognizes their diverse needs.
- Promotes education and understanding about the fundamental value of county programs and services and the challenges facing them.
- Anticipates and responds to the needs of our membership through specialized programs and services.
- Encourages and develops partnerships with other local governments, related associations, and the private sector in order to enhance the positions and policies of CSAC.
- Facilitates intergovernmental problem-solving.
- Ensures efficient and effective operations while seeking new opportunities and methodologies to foster continued excellence within CSAC.