3rd Annual Innovation Summit
Green Counties, Blue Counties
Tuesday — 8:30 am to 11:30 am
Magic Kingdom Rooms 2 & 3
8:30 am to 10 am
The Green County segment will focus on the best practices in sustainability. You will hear from Los Angeles County who will talk about what this County is doing in the waste management arena. Our CSAC corporate partners will talk about what they are doing in counties with regard to clean energy. And finally you will hear from one of our newest partners, who will tell you about ways to finance clean and green projects.
- Pat Proano, Los Angeles County Assistant Deputy Director of Environmental Programs
- Mary Seaman, Executive Vice President, Resource Recycling Systems, Carton Council
- Caroline McAndrews, Director, Preferred Resources Project, Southern California Edison
- John Law, Director of Municipal Development, and Dustin Reilich, Director of Government Relations, HERO Program
Presentation of Institute for Local Government’s Beacon Awards
10 am to 10:15 am
10:15 am to 11:30 am
First, experts will present data that will explain the “Silver Tsunami”. In California, the elderly population is expected to grow more than twice as fast as the total population and this growth will vary by region. The elderly age group will have an overall increase of 112 percent by 2020. More than half the counties will have over a 100 percent increase in this age group. Presenters will also discuss the identification of a community where people live long and healthy lives and what commonalities were present. Further, a public private partnership will be presented that has proven to improve the health and longevity of its residents.
Moderator: Dave Roberts, San Diego County Supervisor
- Dr. Claudia Kawas, Irvine University, Author of the 90+ Study.
- Dr. Lisa Santora, Medical Director, Beach Cities Health District
- TBD, Representative from Healthways