CSAC Appoints Policy Committee Leadership
Chairs/Vice Chairs to Help Set Direction for 2013
During its first meeting of the new year, the CSAC Executive Committee appointed the county supervisors who will serve as the Association’s Policy Committee Chairs and Vice Chairs for 2013.
Leading CSAC’s five policy committees will be:
- Administration of Justice – Chair: Federal Glover, Contra Costa County; Vice Chair: John Viegas, Glenn.
- Agriculture and Natural Resources – Chair: Kimberly Dolbow Vann, Colusa; Vice Chair: Linda Seifert, Solano.
- Government Finance and Operations – Chair: Bruce Gibson, San Luis Obispo; Vice Chair: Bruce McPherson, Santa Cruz.
- Health and Human Services — Chair: Kathy Long, Ventura; Vice Chair: Ken Yeager, Santa Clara.
- Housing, Land Use and Transportation – Chair: Phil Serna, Sacramento; Vice Chair: John Benoit, Riverside.
The Executive Committee has also filled the following positions:
- Treasurer – Alpine County Supervisor Terry Woodrow was re-appointed.
- NACo Board of Directors – Sonoma County Supervisor Efren Carrillo was selected to fill the open slot; Alameda County Supervisor Keith Carson was re-appointed.
- NACo WIR Board of Directors – Del Norte County Supervisor David Finigan will remain on the Western Interstate Region board. The Regional Council of Rural Counties (RCRC) is appointing Mariposa County Supervisor Kevin Cann to the other California position.