Pension Reform Webinar To Discuss Your Questions
California State Association of Counties (CSAC) and Hanson Bridgett are providing a pension reform webinar to discuss your questions regarding the new California pension reform bill. Please email your questions in advance to Brandi Hewlett at email@example.com by Wednesday, October 10th.
The Governor signed AB 340 and AB 197, collectively the California Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013, into law on September 12, 2012. The new law is complex, leaves open many issues, and raises many questions.
- What benefits - exactly - are grandfathered? Who is grandfathered? How is that status lost?
- What benefits are required for "new" employees after 2012? What limits apply to those benefits?
- What COLAs (if any) are allowed under the new formulas in the bill?
- What will happen to "replacement benefit plans" designed to make up for federal tax law caps on pensions?
- Can there be any "supplemental" plans in addition to the new benefit formulas for new employees? For current employees?
- What defined contribution plans may be continued and how will they operate?
- What document changes have to be made by January 1, 2013?
- What can unions bargain for under AB 340, for both existing and new employees?
These are just a few of the questions that must be addressed under the new law. With an effective date of January 1, 2013, there is not much time to work out answers. We will address these questions and many more during the webinar on October 11, 2012.
No Registration is Required
Paul Angelo, Vice President & Actuary, The Segal Company
Judy Boyette, Partner, Hanson Bridgett LLP
Bob Blum, Partner, Hanson Bridgett LLP
Alison Neufeld, Partner, Liebert Cassidy Whitmore
Marcus Wu, Partner, Hanson Bridgett LLP
To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)
1. Click HERE »
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: "pension"
4. Click "Join".
To join the audio conference only:
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-479-3208
Toll-free dialing restrictions: Click HERE »
Access code: 802 033 009
1. Go to https://hansonbridgett.webex.com/hansonbridgett/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), Click HERE »
Thursday, October 11, 2012
8:30am – 10:30am
Event is FREE of charge.
Contact Brandi Hewlett at firstname.lastname@example.org.