Deadline Nearing for NACo Presidential Appointment Applications
June 4, 2020
California County officials who are interested in a presidential appointment to any of the NACo Steering Committees or as an At-Large Director for the NACo Board of Directors need to complete an application online before June 14.
If you are planning to submit an application or have already done so, please let CSAC know. While there are no structured requirements for these positions, we ask that you are an active participant in NACo. The NACo presidential appointments are not made by CSAC, but by incoming NACo President Judge Gary Moore from Boone County, Kentucky.
Presidential appointments are generally for leadership positions and include the following:
- Policy Steering Committee chairs and vice chairs and subcommittee chairs and vice chairs
- LUCC and RAC chairs, vice chairs and members
- Standing Committee chairs, vice chairs and members
- Ad Hoc Committee, Task Force and Advisory Board chairs, vice chairs and members
- At-Large NACo Board Directors
If you would like to get more involved in NACo and have not participated, please let CSAC know and we can work with you to help you become more engaged. Presidential appointments do not include membership on a NACo Steering Committee as these are made by CSAC.