Health and Human Services Policy Committee to Meet
The Health and Human Services Policy Committee will meet Tuesday, November 28 from 2:30 to 4 p.m. in Room 313of the Sacramento Convention Center during the CSAC Annual Meeting in Sacramento County. This will be an in-person only meeting.
The agenda and attachments are available online here.
The policy committee meeting will include:
- A presentation on the future for critical services from the First 5 Association of California
- An update on the new In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) fiscal framework
- An update on the continued uncertainty at the federal level from our Washington lobbyist
- A review of 2017 legislation and an ACTION ITEM on 2018 priorities
- An update on California’s cannabis laws, including implementation, impacts & resources
We also encourage you to attend the following sessions and workshops offered during the 123rd CSAC Annual Meeting:
- CSAC Innovation Summit: Charting the Course for State-County Innovation and Partnership (features leaders from the Department of Social Services and Department of Health Care Services) – Tuesday at 8:30 a.m., Rooms 309 & 310
- Solutions & Tools to Address the Growing Crisis of Homelessness – Wednesday at 1:30 p.m., Rooms 311 & 312
- The Changing Federal Landscape: Implications on Major Policy Efforts – Wednesday at 3 p.m., Rooms 309 & 310
We look forward to seeing you in Sacramento on November 28!