Institute of Local Government Releases 2019 Annual Report
February 13, 2020
2019 was a year of exciting growth and transition for the Institute for Local Government (ILG), of which CSAC is a parent organization. ILG welcomed a new executive director and embarked on a comprehensive strategic planning process all while helping local government leaders navigate complex issues ranging from affordable housing to disaster preparedness to climate change.
A few highlights include:
- Launching the BOOST Pilot Program to help 12 under-resourced communities create a framework for sustainable community planning that is customized and tailored to each community’s specific needs;
- Hosting 41 trainings, webinars and conference sessions, reaching over 3,500 local officials and staff;
- Launching a Housing and Public Engagement Toolkit to help California local governments establish more trust and transparency by collaborating with and engaging their residents on housing-related issues;
- Convening state and local leaders to increase collaboration on disaster preparedness; and
- Helping local governments recruit and maintain a talented workforce by connecting over 500 youth to diverse local government career opportunities.