MyTurn Goes Live in Most Counties This Week as Eligibility Expands to Ages 16 and Up
April 15, 2021
Suddenly it is mid-April and the state’s April 15 deadline for providers to utilize the MyTurn statewide vaccination reservation and data system for first-dose appointments is here. This also coincides with the Governor’s expansion of vaccine eligibility to all residents aged 16 and older – as well as a 33 percent drop in the state’s vaccine allocation and the news halting Johnson and Johnson vaccinations.
The state will also begin prioritizing dose allocations to entities with the majority of their clinic appointments booked on MyTurn after April 15. For counties with questions about MyTurn onboarding, functions, and data, please email email@example.com.
Local health jurisdictions have asked for multiple improvements to the MyTurn system, and the following are in development or will go live by April 15:
- Geofencing – the ability to restrict clinic appointments to patients who work or reside within county boundaries. This feature will go live by April 14 or sooner, and a more granular geofencing ability by zip code is under review as well.
- Local Flexibility – counties may relax eligibility criteria ahead of the State until April 15, when the state opens eligibility to everyone 16 and older.
- Registration batch upload for notification – the ability for counties to upload lists of patients into MyTurn for system-generated direct notifications.
- Expanded clinic self-service – Last week, the state added the ability for counties to create their own clinics as well as batch cancellations for multiple reasons. We continue to work with the state to add clinic self-service features on an ongoing basis.
- Streamline the creation of coded clinics – counties use “coded clinics” to target specific populations for vaccination. The current process takes up to 72 hours but will be streamlined to 24 hours by April 15. In addition, counties now have the ability to send access codes via SMS/text message to targeted individuals.
- Enhanced User Visibility to Multiple Clinics – allows clinic managers to set up and manage clinics across the county. This reduces multiple logins and facilitates easier clinic management for counties.
- Walk-in bulk upload for appointments – the ability to upload a spreadsheet of appointments to walk-in clinics to reduce the data-entry workload associated with walk-in clinics. This functionality will go live by April 30.