Stepping Up Webinar
October 15, 2020
The Stepping Up Initiative is hosting a webinar, How to Set Targets to Reduce the Number of People with Serious Mental Illness in Jails, on Wednesday, October 21 from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm. Since its launch in 2015, more than 500 counties across 43 states have joined the Stepping Up initiative and worked to reduce the number of people with mental illness in their jails. Stepping Up partners recently announced a new call to action—Set, Measure, Achieve—to support counties in setting targets to reduce the number of people with serious mental illnesses in their jails, measuring progress toward meeting these targets and achieving results.
As part of the new call to action, this webinar will explain how counties can obtain data to establish baselines for the Stepping Up four key measures and set targets for reducing indicators of serious mental illness in jails.
- Kati Habert, Program Director, The Council of State Governments Justice Center
- Maria Fryer, Policy Advisor, Bureau of Justice Assistance
- Sheriff Ian Parkinson, San Luis Obispo County, California, Sheriff’s Office
- Emily Rogers, Senior Research Associate, The Council of State Governments Justice Center
- Jessie Yates, Business Analyst, San Luis Obispo County, California, Sheriff’s Office
For additional information and to register for the webinar, please click here.