Supporting Children and Families in Medi-Cal
The Department of Health Care Services released the first Medi-Cal Strategy to Support Health and Opportunity for Children and Families on March 2.
The document launches the Department’s forward-looking strategy to simplify and strengthen Medi-Cal for children and families. It includes the following action areas:
- Improving preventive care
- Strengthening the Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment Medi-Cal benefit
- Addressing health disparities in children’s care and outcomes
- Engaging families to better include their voices in Medi-Cal decision making
- Addressing the youth behavioral health crisis
The Department will host an informational webinar on March 14; registration is required https://manatt.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zTcHU5dYSMGPMScv57pXSg.