Tuesday, Nov. 13 — Last Chance to Pre-Register for CSAC Annual Meeting
Nov. 8, 2018
That sound you hear? That’s the clock ticking as the time to register in advance for CSAC’s upcoming Annual Meeting is quickly running out. Advance registration ends on Tuesday, November 13. After that period, you will still have an opportunity to register on-site, but without the advance fee discount.
County supervisors and executive staff will be coming together the week after Thanksgiving in beautiful San Diego County. CSAC staff is busy putting the finishing touches on a dynamic and worthwhile program.
Featured speakers include:
- Francesca Gino, who will discuss how organizations can enhance staff engagement, satisfaction and commitment by encouraging “rebel talent.”
- Robb Willer, who will focused on the social and psychological forces that shape American political attitudes.
- A panel discussion among public-service veterans Jim Brulte, Don Perata and Bruce McPherson.
Workshops will tackle a number of issues key to California Counties, including:
- 2018 Election Debrief – What’s Next for Counties
- Homelessness and Housing: New Opportunities
- Understanding Public Service Ethics Laws and Principles (AB 1234 Training)
- Economic Empowerment: Women in the Workforce
- California County Roundtable
- Innovation Summit discussing 1) Autonomous Vehicles and 2) the Opioid Crisis
- New Supervisors Institute
CSAC’s five policy committees and Board of Directors will also meet during the conference, which will also feature the election of the Association’s 2019 officers.
And of course, there is the opportunity to network with your colleagues from around the state.
For more information about the conference, click here.