Department Communications Manager
August 29, 2019
$6,558 – $7,972/Monthly
The County of Sonoma’s Department of Emergency Management seeks a
talented Department Communications Manager!
Starting salary up to $45.84/hour ($95,673/year) plus a cash allowance of approximately $600/month*
The Department Communications Manager will develop, plan, and implement a County-wide public information and relations program to link organizational goals with communication objectives; increase awareness of the County’s Department of Emergency Management services, successes, and accomplishments; and proactively establish and maintain productive relationships between the County and the general public, County employees, communications and media representatives, community and civic groups, public agencies, and private organizations, and other stakeholder groups.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Significant experience providing disaster-response and emergency management public information
• Excellent organizational, planning, and project management skills to meet the demands of multiple assignments and projects simultaneously
• Strong knowledge of and practical skills using web design and digital/social media content-delivery channels
• Experience developing creative and innovative solutions to public sector communications challenges
• Exceptional skills in writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing, publishing, and oral presentation
• A proven ability to represent an organization’s mission and services to stakeholders and the community
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are desirable
How to Apply:
For more information & to apply online, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. EOE Apply by 9/09/19!