Chief Deputy Auditor-Controller, Internal Audit
August 6, 2019
$9,117 – $12,445 monthly
The Monterey County Auditor-Controller seeks a results oriented
professional to manage, plan, organize and direct the work of the
department’s Internal Audit Division. The incumbent must
represent the Auditor-Controller’s Office with tact, diplomacy,
The Auditor-Controller is an elected official who provides the County of Monterey with financial leadership and expert advice on a wide range of fiscal matters, and advocates financial integrity and accountability in all County business practices. The department consists of five divisions: Administration, Systems, General Accounting, Internal Audit, and Disbursements (Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Property Tax).
• Governmental accounting and auditing principles, practices, procedures.
• Practices, standards, and methods relating to financial, compliance, and performance audits.
• The principles and methods of management, including work planning, analysis, and organization; public finance administration
• The principles and practices of supervision and training.
• Computerized data processing as it relates to auditing, accounting, and fiscal operations and management information systems.
• State and Federal laws and regulations governing the financial operations of local government
• Quantitative and qualitative analysis and business statistics.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE: Possession of a CPA License
How to Apply:
Priority Screening Date: Monday, September 2, 2019
All application materials must be received by the priority screening date for a guaranteed review. Applications received after this date will be considered on an as needed basis until the position is filled.
Application materials may be obtained from and submitted to Monterey County Auditor-Controller Department, Human Resources, Attn: Nairi Davis, Senior Personnel Analyst, 168 W. Alisal Street, 3rd Floor, Salinas, CA 93901 or
apply-on line at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/montereycounty
Open Until Filled: Priority Screening Date: September 2, 2019