California State Association of Counties (CSAC)
November 12, 2021
$70,000 to $105,000. Higher salary could be considered commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CSAC offers flexible work schedules and a competitive benefits package.
The California State Association of Counties (CSAC) is the voice of California’s 58 Counties, representing our members at the state and federal level. CSAC also provides a broad range of services to all 58 Counties in California. Our Communications team plays an integral role in fulfilling CSAC’s mission.
The Communications Manager is responsible for the coordination of external and internal communication efforts that support the Association’s strategic direction. Responsibilities include: planning and content development of outreach and public awareness campaign materials; development of media outreach/educational strategies; creation of written materials including weekly eNewsletter, blog, talking points and speeches for elected officials; responding to external requests for information; assisting with CSAC’s website and social media efforts; and coordinating speakers and sessions for meetings and seminars. May include marketing of CSAC-affiliated programs as well.
This position serves as a liaison to the Legislative Unit, and participates in their meetings, working closely with legislative representatives on educational and communication efforts. This entails absorbing and positioning complex information quickly from five distinct advocacy areas.
This position requires being nimble and responsive to both media and staff.
For a PDF, read the Communications Manager Job Description.
Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or a related field, and four years of experience in communications in a public or non-profit organization; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the job duties listed above.
- Extensive media experience
- Media and public relations principles and practices
- Background/understanding of government/legislative bodies
- Marketing principles
- Desktop publishing
- Social media platforms and tools, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite and more
- Web design and management experience
- Strong writing and editing for a variety of collateral documents
- Providing media and public relations
- Prioritizing work
- Marketing strategies
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Sound project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Refined communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to interact with coworkers, supervisors, general public, etc. sufficiently to exchange or convey information and receive work direction
How to Apply:
Please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.