Deputy County Counsel I, II, & III – Extra Help
September 18, 2020
$47.72 – $73.30/Hourly*
In this exciting role, you will provide legal counsel to a
variety of departments within the County. The successful
candidate will regularly:
• Draft legal documents such as memoranda, briefs, writs, and appeals
• Appear in court on review calendars and contested hearing calendars
• Participate in settlement conferences
• Study and apply new case law, statutory law, and legislative changes
• Attend trainings, and in turn, may train other attorneys
The Deputy County Counsel – Extra Help may assist with other work performed by attorneys in County Counsel’s areas of responsibility.
Ideal Candidates will possess:
• Public law experience
• Courtroom experience including trial advocacy is highly desired
• Experience with complex and fast-moving projects
• An excellent academic record is highly desired
IMPORTANT: If you are interested in applying at the I, II, and/or III level, you will need to apply to the separate, concurrent recruitment being conducted for those classifications.
Temporary, extra-help employees are limited in their employment to a maximum of one calendar year. These employees must be off of work for three months before they can be re-employed on an extra help basis.
How to Apply:
*Salary is negotiable and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit, www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. EOE Apply by 10/8/20