Human Services Department Director
Santa Cruz County
August 19, 2019
Annual Salary: $190,891 – $255,732
This is a department director position with overall responsibility for the activities of the Human Services Department (HSD). The incumbent is responsible for the resource development and administration of all programs, services and staff of the Human Services Department. The HSD Director manages a budget of approximately $142 million dollars and oversees a staff of 508, serving the community through one of four divisions: Adult and Long-Term Care Services Division; Employment and Benefit Services Division; Family and Children’s Services Division and Administrative Services/Homeless Assistance Division.
Ideal Candidate Profile
• Passionate and committed to public service and our community
• A thoughtful, strategic and reflective thinker who understands the community-based impacts of various organizational decisions
• Adaptable and highly responsive to organizational change
• An engaged and progressive leader that thrives in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships – works successfully across the organization and community
• Has excellent business acumen, with a strong background in budget, finance and administration
How to Apply:
• Various robust benefit plans with the County contributing generously toward total costs
• CalPERS retirement and Social Security
• Generous administrative, vacation, sick and holiday leave pay
• The opportunity to lead a dedicated team in beautiful Santa Cruz!
County of Santa Cruz Personnel Mission Statement: In collaboration with our customers, we will recruit, develop, support, and retain an ethical, professional, and diverse workforce dedicated to serving the community.
For more information, please visit: www.santacruzcountyjobs.com