Contra Costa County
September 8, 2020
What you will typically be responsible for:
• Delivering clear, organized and persuasive presentations to groups
• Promoting library collections and reading material. This can be done by sharing book lists, blog entries, author information, hosting book discussions and other innovative reading methods
• Directing and training the work of others
• Assisting and advising patrons and staff about library materials, equipment usage, and policies
• Assessing and weeding library collections and analyzing usage based on community needs
• Developing and delivering age-appropriate programming for children, teens, and/or adults
License Required: Candidates must possess and maintain throughout
the duration of employment a valid California Motor Vehicle
Operator’s License. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator’s
license will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science, from a school of librarianship accredited by the American Library Association.
Experience: Two (2) years of experience in a customer-oriented environment.
How to Apply:
All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date.