Marketing & Member Services Specialist
California Counties Foundation (Sacramento)
June 21, 2019
$50,000 to $70,000 DOQ, plus excellent benefits package.
The California Counties Foundation is the non-profit foundation of the California State Association of Counties (CSAC) that houses the CSAC Institute, the partnership with the Pew-MacArthur Results First Initiative, and manages charitable contributions and grants to improve educational opportunities for county supervisors, county administrative officers and senior staff.
The Marketing & Member Services Specialist is responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of the California Counties Foundation (Foundation) marketing programs and CSAC Institute database management for reports, rosters, transcripts, and other member engagement activities.
- Develops and prepares printed and electronic promotional materials for Foundation and CSAC Institute special programs.
- Coordinates or assists in the implementation of marketing programs, including print and social media.
- Develops, distributes and maintains all print and electronic communications including, but not limited to, e-blasts, brochures, class schedules and registration materials.
- Updates and maintains the organization’s website and on-line publications.
- Responsible for development of content for social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Extracts and summarizes member engagement report data, including website, social media and e-marketing analytics; prepares charts, graphs and forms as assigned.
- Coordinates or assists in the maintenance and continuous operation and performance of the Association Management Software (AMS) database system (i.e., iMIS); works closely with Operations Manager to troubleshoot and enhance database applications.
- Assists Association members with inquiries, and customer related requests.
- Assists with planning, management, and execution of Foundation meeting and events.
- Competent with MS Office and publishing software;
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities efficiently and effectively;
- Exceptional writing, organizational, time management, and communication skills;
- Project management;
- Analyze problems, identify solutions, and make recommendations in support of goals;
- Ability to manage and coordinate the preparation and publication of a variety of marketing, promotional, and/or communication materials;
- Perform basic mathematical calculations;
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various constituencies.
- Familiarity/proficiency customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation platforms (e.g. Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.)
- Database management experience, iMIS Association Management Software systems a plus;
- Strong knowledge of social media and other digital tools in a professional setting (website content management, graphic design, email systems) strongly preferred;
- Principles and practices of customer service; and,
- Marketing and communication principles and practices.
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, English, or a related field at time of application and/or three years of experience in marketing; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
July 19, 2019; open until filled.