Results First Clearinghouse Database
A one-stop online resource
To assist policymakers at all levels of government in identifying such programs and making data-driven budget decisions, the project has created the Results First Clearinghouse Database. This one-stop online resource provides policymakers with an easy way to find information on the effectiveness of various interventions as rated by eight national research clearinghouses. The database is not intended, however, to serve as a comprehensive list of all interventions that are worthy of funding. Rather, it is provided to assist policymakers as they consider the multitude of factors that inform budget and policy choices.
The database contains information from eight national clearinghouses that conduct systematic research reviews to identify what works. While each uses slightly different procedures and criteria in its work, all use the same overall approach: They review and summarize research studies that assess the effectiveness of interventions.
- Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development
- California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse for Child Welfare
- Coalition for Evidence-Based Policy
- U.S. Department of Justice’s CrimeSolutions.gov
- U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices
- Promising Practices Network*
- U.S. Department of Education’s What Works Clearinghouse
- What Works in Reentry Clearinghouse
*The Promising Practices Network was suspended in June 2014. Its website has been archived and will remain publicly available but will no longer be updated.