California County Officials Appointed to NACo Leadership Posts
California County officials received a number of key leadership appointments in NACo for 2016-17. The appointments were announced by new NACo President Bryan Desloge on the last day of the association’s recent annual conference in Los Angeles County.
Receiving appointments are:
- Alameda County Supervisor Keith Carson – Chair of the Programs and Services Committee.
- Mariposa County Supervisor Kevin Cann – Vice Chair of the Public Lands Steering Committee.
- Merced County Supervisor Hub Walsh – Vice Chair of the Veterans and Military Services Committee, and Vice Chair of the Human Services and Education Steering Committee.
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Don Knabe – Vice Chair of the Large Urban County Caucus.
- Alameda County Supervisor Scott Haggerty – Vice Chair of the Transportation Steering Committee.
- San Diego County Supervisor Dave Roberts – Subcommittee Chair of the Health Steering Committee.
- Napa County Supervisor Diane Dillon – Subcommittee Chair for the Finance, Pension and Intergovernmental Affairs Steering Committee.
- Kings County Supervisor Craig Pedersen – Subcommittee Vice Chair of the Agriculture and Rural Affairs Steering Committee.
- Sonoma County Supervisor Shirlee Zane – Subcommittee Vice Chair of the Human Services and Education Steering Committee.
- Orange County Health Agency Director Mark Refowitz – Vice Chair of the Healthy Counties Initiative Advisory Board, and Subcommittee Vice Chair of the Health Steering Committee.