December 4, 2017
$5,475 – $6,654/Mo.
Become an Accountant/Auditor with the County of Sonoma!
We seek skilled accounting professionals who have a strong understanding of governmental accounting and auditing practices.
Starting salary up to $6,654/Mo.* ($79,853/Yr.), comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to promote to Accountant/Auditor II (salary up to $89,307/Yr.)
An Accountant/Auditor I, in the Auditor-Controller-Treasurer-Tax Collector’s (ACTTC) Office, performs a broad range of financial activities and audits for the multiple County entities that keep their funds in the County Treasury. The Office currently has multiple positions in many divisions within the department.
What makes Sonoma County a great choice
In addition to generous starting pay, expansive opportunities for growth and development, being part of a challenging and rewarding work environment that offers continuous training and education, and the satisfaction of knowing that you are working to better the communities of our region, you can look forward to some excellent benefits*, including:
• A cash allowance of approximately $600 per month
• An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $1,500
• Competitive vacation accruals, 11 holidays per year, and accommodating sick leave accruals
• Significant County paid premium contribution to several health plan options
• County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
• Promotional eligibility to Accountant/Auditor II upon satisfactory performance and demonstrated readiness after approximately one year, at which you would receive a minimum of a 5% salary increase
• Retirement is fully integrated with Social Security. With the recent pension reform, new employees as defined and eligible will receive a 2.5% at 67 formula, or for those individuals who meet certain criteria, including establishing reciprocity eligibility pursuant to PEPRA, will receive 3% at 60
*Salary is negotiable commensurate with experience, salary history, and requirements. Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice.
When you join the County of Sonoma, you’ll also have the freedom to explore the beauty of our county; with its picturesque coastline, majestic redwoods, historic towns, fine dining, award winning wineries, and a wide variety of entertainment and cultural activities. Please visit www.sonomacountyconnections.org and www.santarosachamber.com for additional information about the community.
How to Apply:
For more information, minimum qualifications, & to apply, please visit: www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org. EOE