Business Systems Group Manager
San Mateo County
December 27, 2017
$9,521 – $11,903/Month
The San Mateo County Human Services Agency is seeking a professional, enthusiastic, collaborative and analytical technology leader to manage its Business Systems Group. The position reports to the Director of Administration and Information Services and is responsible for application development and support, data reporting, local and State applications support, network and server administration, help desk and desktop support functions.
The Business Systems Group Manager will be an experienced, innovative staff and project leader with expertise in developing, implementing and managing technology solutions in a large organization. The successful candidate will have the interpersonal skills to work successfully with all levels within the County as well as partners throughout the State of California. The position requires integrity, leadership and commitment for the profession, our organization and the communities we serve.
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to facilitate diverse groups of people, superb written and oral communication skills, and strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
• Have at least three years of complex technology project management experience, staff and budget management experience, and customer service help desk management experience
• Have experience implementing service management strategies, such as ITIL
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Management, software engineering, database administration, computer programming or closely related field
• Three years of increasingly responsible experience in a social or community services organization, including significant responsibility for budget development, program evaluation and coordination of technology resources
A typical way to qualify is three years of management, technical or analytical experience that involved the design and implementation of technology solutions, application development or data integration.
How to Apply:
To learn more about the position and to apply online, please visit http://jobs.smcgov.org. Thorough and detailed responses to the supplemental questions must be submitted in addition to the standard San Mateo County employment application. A resume will not be accepted as a substitute for the required employment application and supplemental questionnaire. Applications are only accepted online. EOE
January 18, 2018