Director of Health & Human Services
Del Norte County
May 7, 2014
$83,291 – $117,198 (annual salary)
- Plans, organizes and directs the programs, activities and operations of the County’s Department of Health & Human Services and maintains departmental policies, procedures, goals and objectives; advises the Board of Supervisors, County Administrative Officer and/or appointive boards on long range planning where health and human services are concerned.
- Manages public health, social services, public guardian services, Mental Health and Alcohol and other Drug Programs through subordinate managers and supervisors; reviews and mediates personnel problems, supervises and evaluates the performance of subordinate managers, medical and administrative staff; directs training and professional development of top level department personnel.
- Monitors Mental Health & Drug & Alcohol Programs and activities to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and contract provisions.
- Provides expert professional guidance and assistance to county management staff on mental health and human services related matters.
- Reviews and evaluates changes in state laws or regulations that will have an impact on the delivery of health & human services; advises the Board of Supervisors and the County Administrative Officer of specific plans, costs and recommendations for programs.
- Formulates and justifies the department’s annual budget and capital improvements program; assures appropriate expenditure of public funds through efficient operating services; ensures that the budget is administered within Board approved expenditure and revenue levels; seeks and applies for grant funding to improve or enhance the delivery of services.
- Five years of progressively responsible management and supervisory experience in a public or non-profit agency which included program planning and evaluation, budget management, personnel management and policy development in either a health, public assistance, social services program or clinical setting, including two years providing services in a drug or alcohol program.
- A graduate degree in social work, psychology or related field and possession of appropriate licensure as psychiatrist, licensed clinical psychologist, licensed clinical social worker or marriage, family and child counselor or licensure as a Registered Nurse with a Master’s Degree in Psychiatric Nursing, Public Health Nursing or Counseling Psychology is highly desirable.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates must complete and submit a standard County application .
- A current resume and letter of interest must be included with the application packet.
- All applications will be reviewed and individuals with backgrounds and qualifications most closely relating to the needs of the County will be selected for further review.
- Expenses incurred in connection with the application and interview shall be the burden of the applicant.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please download an application package online at: www.co.del-norte.ca.us or call (707) 464-7213 for application materials.
June 13, 2014