California Mental Health Services Authority (CalMHSA)
June 30, 2014
The California Mental Health Services Authority (CalMHSA) is seeking a proficient, innovative, and fiscally-focused candidate to fill the role of Executive Director, a full-time position. CalMHSA is an organization of county governments working together to improve mental health outcomes for individuals, families, and communities. It is funded by the voter-approved California Mental Health Services Act (Prop. 63), and is administered by George Hills Company (GHC) in Rancho Cordova, California. The Executive Director position provides complex management oversight to the program administration of CalMHSA, and reports to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
Candidate must strongly possess the following expertise & experience:
• Leadership/management in the operations of a highly visible organization with a complex political and technical mission
• Long range and daily planning, direction, and management/ development of policies and procedures related to an organization
• Funding development—inclusive of planning, research, proposals, presentations, and results (Federal State, state local, and private)
• Collaborative perspective in working with community groups, funders, policy makers, project
partners, and other organizations
• Knowledge and experience with policy and legislation related to California mental health issues and challenges
• Coordination and implementation of statewide activities and events
• Contract development, negotiation, review, and compliance
• Excellent written, oral, consultative, and presentation skills
Candidate must have these minimum qualifications:
• Degree from an accredited college or university in management, business/public administration, behavioral science, human services, or another closely related field. (MA preferred but BA will be required.)
• At least five years of progressively responsible administrative or management experience with demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in managing or assisting in the management of a large or complex mental health, public health, or human services organization.
• Demonstrable success in fiscal/budget administration, personnel management, & operations.
How to Apply:
We are looking to fill this position in an expeditious manner. Interested candidates are encouraged to access the direct website link provided here to further understand the mission, programs, and services of the organization: http://calmhsa.org. All interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 25, 2014