April 11, 2014
$4934 – $5997/month
Are you tired of the hectic metropolitan lifestyle? Are you seeking a rewarding career? If so, consider an opportunity with the COUNTY OF MADERA. The County offers a low cost of living, ample recreational opportunities, the breathtaking Bass Lake area, charming foothill areas, and much more.
The incumbent will supervise, assign, coordinate, review, and participate in the work of staff responsible for providing Auditor-Appraiser functions; perform the most difficult and complex technical audits and appraisals of fixtures, machinery and equipment, farm equipment, airplanes, vessels, and other personal property (property that isn’t real property); make field investigations, studies, and appraisals; explain appraisal methods, laws, and procedures to the public; and defend challenge appraisals before the Board of Equalization.
The position requires:
- 3 years of experience in performing business, personal property, and farm equipment appraisals, value determinations, and audits, comparable to that of an Auditor-Appraiser II/III w/Madera County. 1 year of the experience must be comparable to that of an Auditor-Appraiser III.
- Equivalent to a BA/BS from an accredited college or university with major course work in Accounting, Engineering, Business Administration, Real Estate, or a related field, which includes at least 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in Accounting and/or Auditing.
- Possession of, and the ability to maintain, a valid Certified Property Tax Appraiser’s Certification issued by the State Board of Equalization.
- Possession of, and the ability to maintain, a valid Advanced Certified Property Tax Appraiser’s Certification issued by the State Board of Equalization.
- Possession of, or ability to maintain by date of appointment, a valid CA Class ‘C’ Driver’s License.
How to Apply:
An official Madera County application must be submitted to the Madera County Administrative Management-Human Resources/Operations Division by the final filing deadline for the recruitment. To obtain an official application, please visit our website at www.madera-county.com or contact Human Resources at 559.675.7705, or TDD 559.675.8970. EEOhttp://www.madera-county.com
May 6, 2014