Water Action Plan
The Department of Water Resources (DWR) has announced the formal release of the final Update 2013 California Water Plan. This Water Plan is the result of over four years of work and is available to download on the DWR website. According to DWR, the 2013 update is designed to work in tandem, and help implement, the Governor’s Water Action Plan. The online release includes the highlights booklet which outlines California’s strategic water roadmap and lays out a suite of actions intended to move California towards a more sustainable management of water resources.
CSAC Agriculture & Natural Resources Policy Committee
Please save the date of Tuesday, November 18th from 9-11am for the CSAC AENR Policy Committee, which will take place at the Disneyland Hotel during the CSAC Annual Conference.
Agenda highlights include presentations and discussion on the following:
- Sustainable Agricultural Land Conservation Program, New Program funded through Cap and Trade dollars;
- Proposition 218 Reforms and CSAC involvement in a Reform Coalition;
- Community Choice Aggregation and opportunities for local governments
- The Water Energy Nexus and new opportunities for conservation;
- The Clean Air Legacy: Improving Air Quality in California.
Agenda and other materials will be available soon. Details regarding the CSAC Annual Conference are available on the CSAC website.