Library Association Offers Training Workshop
December 14, 2017
Calling all library staff – please join California Library Association and the California Summer Meal Coalition at a Lunch at the Library training workshop on Monday, January 22nd, from 10:00 am until 3:00 pm. The workshop will be held at Ontario City Library – Ovitt Family Community Library, in Ontario, CA.
The workshop will include large and small group discussions and presentations from librarians who are experienced in offering summer meal programs. Topics covered will include:
- the logistics of getting started
- finding and working with meal sponsors (the agencies that provide the USDA Summer Meal Program meals that are served in participating libraries)
- creating an inviting space
- outreach to families
- programs to complement the meal service
- working with volunteers
- gaining staff and leadership buy-in
- implementation with limited staffing and resources
- engaging community partners
Registration is open until January 3 or until filled, and funds are available to fully support participants’ travel to and from the workshop. Visit this link for more information.