More than $2.8 Billion in Housing Funding Scheduled for Release
August 17, 2023
The California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) has released its 2023-2024 Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) calendar.
HCD’s NOFA calendar shows:
- NOFA release dates
- Application deadlines
- Anticipated award dates for all HCD funding programs
Over the next 18-months, HCD will make available more than $2.8 billion in funding for affordable housing and homelessness prevention. This includes more than:
- $1 billion in permanent financing for the development/preservation of multifamily housing
- $124 million to create affordable homeownership opportunities
- $129 million in critical infrastructure support development
- $124 million in funding targeted for Tribal entities
- $438 million in combined state and federal funding for non-entitlement jurisdictions and disaster-impacted communities
These funds will be critical in meeting the administration’s mission of reducing homelessness and providing all Californians with a safe and affordable place to call home.