California Counties Foundation
December 20, 2022
The current salary range for the Administrative Assistant position is $45,000-$70,000 annually.
The Administrative Assistant provides a wide variety of general and administrative coordination and support to one or more professional staff members and in support of the CSAC Institute as required.
- Under the direction of the Director of Operations and Educational Services, the Administrative Assistant supports the daily operations of the Institute.
- Provide general support to staff members of the Association, such as coordinating schedules, meetings, expense management and travel arrangements as requested for senior staff.
- Prepares and maintains various files and documents for the CSAC Institute including class registration, credential management, and class evaluation.
- Organizes and maintains all CSAC Institute records.
- Coordinates administration of all CSAC Institute contracts for classes, facilities, and meeting logistics.
- Attends CSAC conferences and supports classes and other events to generate member interest in the CSAC Institute.
- Gathers requested information or responds to requests from members or other organizations.
- Provides support for the New Supervisors Institute and other special Institute workshops and classes, as necessary.
- Maintains and updates the Institute website, as necessary.
- Conducts and summarizes post-class evaluations and maintains a database of all course evaluation summaries.
- Maintains, tracks, and enters data utilizing Association Management System (AMS), including establishing Institute course registration system, student records maintenance, and overseeing financial transactions.
- Manages Institute contracts and invoices of Faculty.
The Administrative Assistant is distinguished from the Legislative Assistant by support provided to the non-legislative units.
- Logistics management of multiple site program and meeting locations;
- Association Management Software system event management;
- Publishing and dissemination of materials including class schedule, monthly emails;
- Business correspondence and report writing;
- Principles and practices of customer service;
- Basic budget, accounting, and math principles;
- Comprehensive English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- Modern office procedures, rules and practices, including excellent usage of computer skills and ability. Knowledge and use of word processing and related software is essential;
- Filing methods and systems;
- Basic online communication networking tools such as Survey Monkey, MailChimp, and Constant Contact; and,
- Website management.
- Organize and accomplish work with a high degree of independence and initiative;
- Complete work assignments under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, county staff, corporate representatives and other clients of CSAC;
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing;
- Schedule, plan and coordinate training program schedule, meetings and other events to enhance CSAC Institute training programs in Sacramento and all satellite locations; and,
- Problem solve and prepare potential solutions to assist with the delivery of CSAC Institute training programs.
Sedentary Work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Associates Degree or three years of increasingly responsible administrative duties; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
How to Apply:
Please send a letter of interest and resumé to email@example.com.
The deadline to apply for this position is 5 p.m. on Friday, January 20, 2023.