Tree Mortality Resources
Drought, bark beetle, and other stresses have led to massive tree die-offs in California’s forests.These problems affect county economies and budgets as supervisors struggle to manage the problem and tourism suffers.
CSAC’s issue brief on the subject details our policy.
Regional Meeting Materials
At CSAC’s regional meeting in Shasta County on March 24, county supervisors and other officials discussed the topics of tree mortality and forest health. The presentations explore the issue from a variety of angles.
- Meeting Agenda
- Forest Service Response to Tree Mortality
- Long Term Challenges for Forest Health
- Long Term Forest Health Challenges in Siskiyou County
- Mariposa County Tree Mortality
- Status of Forests and Forestry in California
- Tree Mortality: Causes, Consequences, and the Future
- Tree Mortality Task Force: Funding Opportunities